Dates: From Thursday 17th to Saturday 19th November.
Come and immerse yourself in the festive spirit within this beautiful, atmospheric and historic building. St Germans Priory, adjacent to Port Eliot is the finest, oldest historic church in Cornwall. Once a cathedral and part of the Pilgrims' Way, it remains at the heart of the community. The Christmas Market is a chance to buy some unique local arts and crafts for the discerning friend or family. A huge variety of stalls and home made refreshments will be available.
- Thursday 19th 6.30pm to 9 pm: During this evening of atmospheric shopping there will be live music from local musicians and the Reflections Choir - alongside our initiation of Christmas with traditional mince pies and mulled wine. The event will be opened by our very own acclaimed musician and composer Paul Joyce. In addition the completed DVD ‘Voices of St Germans’, an initiative by Paul and Diana Laugharne, will be available to view, listen to and buy during the event (money raised from sales will go to the St Germans Community Shop).
- Friday 20th 10am to 4 pm: Ideal for Mums and Dads to pop in during school time. Get creative with a workshop at the Old School (see below).
Hot soup, sandwiches, cakes, pancakes and hot drinks for sale on Friday and Saturday.
- Saturday 21st 10am to 4 pm: Another chance to buy some beautiful presents, PLUS:
- The Christmas Market Raffle (First prize - family ticket to Port Eliot Festival)
- Meeting Santa – come and have your photo taken with Sshhh (you-know-who) for £1. Hint - Word is that he is in the area from about 1 pm…
- The Priory Christmas Table Decoration Competition - categories under 5yrs, 5-7, 8-11, 12-16 and adults (dimensions 20 cm x 20 cm x 30 cm high). Entries must be staged between 9am - 10am with judging at 11am (entry forms available on the day).
- Messy Church activities and trails on Saturday – including a treasure hunt from 2pm - 3pm
- Creative family workshops at the Old School (see below).
For more information please e-mail email@example.com
If you want to get creative, come along to our Christmas workshops run by the amazing artists and designers, Sue Newell and Chloe Birnie of ‘ Saltash Creative Space’ and ‘Little Dotty Bird’. The workshops will take place at The Old School in St Germans (venue kindly provided by Tom O’Reilly). Timings are shown in the insert to the right of this page.
There are limited numbers for all workshops, booking in advance is strongly advised. Click here to book or call 01503 230499.